- Our wide-ranging hours make scheduling easy
- We offer several implant options for new teeth
- Set your mind at ease using dental sedation
You may not be familiar with Raleigh dental implants, but they are a wonderful way to replace missing teeth. Dr. Timothy Thomas, Dr. Nina Thomas, and the team at Rolling Ridge Dentistry can use these marvels of modern dentistry to help you:Doctor Tim Thomas on dental implants Read Transcript
Doctor Tim Thomas on dental implants
That a missing tooth is not just a missing tooth. We need to replace a tooth somehow. So with the current technology, we can do a denture which goes in and out and has a clasp that'll break the tooth, which might be cheaper initially, but long term, if it isn't beneficial to the patient, then we can do a dental bridge to connect the teeth together. But really the best option we have today is a dental implant because we can place the implant, and it's just like your natural tooth. You can floss around it. We don't have to touch any of the adjacent teeth. And it's the best thing we have in dentistry that lasts a long time.
Whenever there's significant damage to a tooth that it's no longer fixable, the best option sometimes would be a dental implant. And so that's a great thing about coming to our practice is that when you come in and see us, we can go over all the different options for you. There's a couple of cases where we'll go in to do a root canal for a patient, and we go into the procedure and see that there's a fracture where this tooth is not saveable. We don't have to cancel the procedure, because we do implants in-house, we can take out that broken tooth, graft it, and place an implant that same day. So it's not a wasted appointment.
- Eat and enjoy a wider variety of delicious and nutritious foods
- Smile with full confidence in social and business settings
- Feel better about your overall appearance
- Improve your digestion through complete chewing
- Protect your oral health and potentially improve your overall health
- Look more attractive and successful
Just like we have for many other patients, we can rebuild your smile using teeth implants. Give us a call today at 919-646-4391 to schedule your no-obligation consultation: 919-646-4391. We offer early morning as well as evening appointments, plus dental sedation is available to help you relax during your procedure.
Choose From a Variety of Teeth Replacement Options
Teeth implants give us several options for restoring your strong bite and beautiful smile:
- Implant Crown: If you have just one missing tooth, your dentist can place a single implant then attach a new crown to it. We can actually make your new crown right here in our office using the CAD/CAM capabilities of our CEREC system.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: If you have several missing teeth in a row, we can place two or more implants and secure a bridge to them. Your bridge will restore virtually all your chewing capacity and give you a complete smile again that you’ll proudly show off wherever you go.
- Implant-Retained Dentures: For replacing complete arches of teeth, we can attach dentures to your new implants. Implant-retained dentures will snap into place using a system of balls and sockets. They will stay secure until you remove them for cleaning and care.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Another option is implant-supported dentures, which will attach to a metal bar that runs along your implants. This setup makes them our most stable and comfortable type of dentures. They are designed to be removed only by your dentist.
Find Out More About Implants
Teeth implants have been around for hundreds of years in one form or another, as people have always looked for new and better ways to replace their missing teeth. In recent decades, however, the technology behind implants has grown by leaps and bounds, making them much better and more accessible than ever.
Modern dental implants are usually fashioned out of medical-grade titanium. This metal will actually fuse with your own bone material in a process known as osseointegration. It takes a few months for this to happen, but once the healing and fusion are complete, your new implants will serve as a sturdy base for new replacement teeth.
If your jawbone is not thick enough or strong enough for the fusion process, we can perform a bone graft procedure to strengthen the bone. We’ll add material to your jaw that will actually stimulate the growth of your own new bone cells. Soon, your jaw will be ready for implants.
During your consultation, we’ll discuss all your implant options and help you decide what is best for you and your smile. To get started with Raleigh dental implants, call the team at Rolling Ridge Dentistry today at 919-646-4391.