Even if you practice good oral hygiene at home, gum disease can still take hold in your mouth. That’s why it’s a good idea to visit us for a dental cleaning and exam every six months. If your dentist does find evidence of gum infection, we offer Raleigh gum disease treatment that will:Doctor Tim Thomas on gum disease treatment Read Transcript
Gingivitis and gum infection are relatively common. It's important that we just find out. Like I was saying, we have some of the best hygienists in the Triangle that are very gentle and thorough. The problem, if you ignore gingivitis and gum infection, the bone around your teeth can go away, resulting in more dental damage that can occur, which typically happens in older individuals, but we see it in young people too, and that's what we're striving to prevent. We understand that it's kind of scary to go to the doctor, and that's why we try to make it a nice, warm, welcoming family experience that you want to stay here for life.
- Remove harmful bacteria
- Allow your gums to begin healing
- Restore your confidence to show others a genuine smile
- Give you peace of mind about your oral health
Don’t risk your oral health! Call us today to schedule your next checkup: 919-646-4391. We’re open for both early morning and evening appointments. You’ll find us at 7510 Ramble Way, Suite 101 – across from Sheetz.
Gum Disease Can Sneak Up on You
No one likes to think about gum disease lurking in their mouth. In fact, you could have gum disease without even knowing it, as early stage infection often shows no visible symptoms. Here’s how gum disease develops:
- Bacteria left on your teeth collect near the gumline.
- The bacteria form sticky plaque.
- Left alone, plaque can eventually become hardened tartar.
- Your gums can then become red and puffy, leading to the formation of pockets of infection.
At this point, it is necessary to have a dentist remove the bacteria, clean your teeth, and restore health to your gums. We use a process known as scaling and root planing, or gum infection therapy. We will:
- Use special tools to remove (scale) built-up tartar and bacteria from around and below your gumline
- Smooth out (plane) your teeth roots to make it difficult for bacteria to regrow there
This process may need to be repeated every few months if you’re susceptible to gum disease. At your regular checkup, we’ll check for any signs of gum infection and let you know what needs to be done to keep your gums in optimal health. Sometimes, just changing the way you brush your teeth or brushing more frequently can help prevent gum disease.
The team at Rolling Ridge Dentistry wants to help you keep your gums as healthy as possible. Our Raleigh gum disease treatment is designed to do just that! Call us today at 919-646-4391 to schedule a complete dental exam.