- Relax with oral conscious sedation
- Feel at home with pillows, scented towels, and TVs
- A wide range of hours makes scheduling easy
The thought of dental surgery doesn’t have to be scary. On the contrary, Raleigh oral surgery in the skilled hands of Drs. Timothy Thomas or Nina Thomas can be a pleasant experience. At Rolling Ridge Dentistry, we offer you:Doctor Tim Thomas on oral surgery Read Transcript
Doctor Tim Thomas on oral surgery
You know, when there's significant damage to a tooth, it's best to just remove it and have a dental implant placed for the future. There's nothing better than one's own natural tooth. We aim to do everything we can to save your teeth whenever possible, but in certain situations, when they're not saveable, we educate our patients on that, and then we recommend having that bad tooth taken out and removed. When we remove the tooth, most of the time, too, we'll place a graft and let the patient decide in the future if we wanted to do an implant or a bridge or a partial. For significant oral surgery procedures, we know there's a lot of apprehension with that, whether it's an implant placement or your wisdom teeth. For those patients, we recommend oral sedation, because it's a pill, there's no needles with that, and you don't remember the procedure, which is what most people want.
- Oral conscious sedation for total relaxation
- Comfortable amenities like pillows, scented towels, and TVs
- A friendly, compassionate staff who will answer all your questions
- Thorough aftercare instructions for quick, comfortable healing
If you think you might need oral surgery, call us today at 919-646-4391. We’ll schedule you for a hassle-free consultation in our office at 7510 Ramble Way, Suite 101. We’re open for early morning and evening appointments.
Keep Your Mouth in Good Shape With an Oral Surgery Procedure
Not many patients like to think about having surgery done on their mouth, but it is sometimes necessary to help restore oral health or to prepare for other dental work. At Rolling Ridge Dentistry, we offer three types of oral surgery, including:
- Teeth Extractions – While removing a tooth is not our first option when it is damaged or diseased, it may need to be taken out to prevent damage to other teeth and the gums. In these cases, we’ll use local anesthesia and perform the procedure as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – We can remove these third molars to prevent further problems with your oral health. When they become impacted and don’t emerge fully, they are more susceptible to decay, plus they can damage your other teeth and cause a great deal of pain. We’ll remove them to preserve the normal function of your mouth.
- Bone Grafts – If your jawbone is too thin or weak to support dental implants, your dentist can place material in your jaw to spur the growth of new bone cells. In just a few months, your own bone will be strong enough that you can get your implants and eventually your new replacement teeth.